On 19 June 2012, Brussels was the meeting point for LT-Innovate members and other Language Technology stakeholders to network, discuss needs, strategies, innovation opportunities and business trends. The Summit brought together all major players involved in Language Technology (LT) such as vendors and buyers, experts and investors, researchers and policy makers, enhancing the visibility of the fragmented European LT landscape and establishing LT as a key enabling technology for Europe.
It is the Forum for Europe’s Language Technology Industry. It gathers companies developing products using intelligent content, speech and translation technologies.
LT-Innovate is co-financed by the European Commission under the ICT Programme of FP7. It is an opportunity for European companies to influence the future direction of an industry of high value and huge potential.
LT-Innovate provides a collaborative platform through which members can:
- Stay informed with latest news, views and developments in the European LT industry
- Gain access to market analysts who will document the shape of the emerging LT industry, provide concrete data and forecast future directions
- Shape discussions, identify needs and solve problems through collaborating in industry-driven Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Provide collective feedback to policy makers at national and European level to shape future policies and programmes
30 LT companies have presented their activities in front of an audience and an Expert Jury.
Having previously completed an online profile, LT-Innovate Award applicants have made an onsite presentation of 8 minutes that was followed by 5 minutes of Q & A from the audience. The Expert Jury rated each presentation based on the following main criteria:
- Innovation & Technology excellence
- Business potential
- Team experience
- Investment or partnering interest
- Project profile quality
Based on the results of the Jury’s evaluation, the Winners of the LT-Innovate Award 2012 have been designated and celebrated at the Award Ceremony and Gala Dinner.
Amelia Andersdotter, Katarina Neveďalová and Séan Kelly, Members of the European Parliament handed out the trophies to the 12 Winners of the LT-Innovate Award 2012 during the Award Ceremony. The MEPs highlighted the importance of Languages and Language Technologies in the multicultural environment of Europe.
Gregory GREFENSTETTE, Scientific Director of EXALEAD, stood for our Company and defended EXALEAD CloudView semantic technologies that bring structure, meaning and accessibility.
So he received EXALEAD award!